Overview of Sinsinawa
WHAT IS SINSINAWA MOUND?
The 800 acres of land purchased by Father Mazzuchelli in 1844 became home for the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa and their St. Clara Academy for women. Today, 450 acres remain in the Sisters’ care and the motherhouse campus where they have lived is known as Sinsinawa Mound.
As Sinsinawa Dominican women, we are called to proclaim the Gospel through the ministry of preaching and teaching in order to participate in the building of a holy and just Church and society.